(Closed) Senior Manager, Marketing & Events
Washington Esports Ventures was founded to purchase an Overwatch League team and build other esports teams that will represent the thriving Capital Region incorporating all of Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia—from Baltimore to Richmond. The company is led by Mark Ein, a Washington-area businessman, civic leader, philanthropist, sports team owner, and native Washingtonian. Mark and his ownership group believe in the power of sports as a platform to inspire people and bring communities together. The Company's esports assets, including the Overwatch League team, will be part of Mr. Ein's existing sports platform that owns the Washington Kastles, one of the most successful teams in the 45-year history of World Team Tennis, embraced by the Capital Region since its founding in 2008.
This is an opportunity to join a growing team and make a significant contribution to building world-class events programs. To be successful in this role you will need to be creative and dedicated to continually testing, measuring, learning and evolving your events programs. Your objective is to develop event programs which drive engagement within the Overwatch & greater esports community. You will also work on developing other community marketing initiatives to support larger events.
The candidate will coordinate events, logistics, and reporting. Candidates must be passionate about event marketing, a self-starter and have strong interpersonal, project management, and analytical skills. They will collaborate with HR, marketing, production, and business teams.
- Manage overall calendar for all Washington Esports Ventures related events.
- Design, plan, and execute on events to build fan base and drive sponsor activations, such as watch parties, player meet and greets / Q&As, open tournaments and publicity events.
- Ability to manage large scale deals/partnerships within the DC Events landscape in order to build contracts/relationships for event production and staging allowing all of Washington Esports Ventures to benefit from favorable negotiated pricing.
- Manage programs to build and engage local fan base for each sport, such as local college and high school events, youth events, and brand ambassador programs.
- Provide logistics support for events – ie. scheduling, vendor management, AV services, catering, editing, organizing, and storing content related to events.
- Manage post event reporting including external surveys and internal evaluations.
- Manage the event budget including invoicing and purchasing.
- Manage content distribution & strategy for pre and post event coverage
- At least 2 – 4 years’ experience running events and event marketing.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with strong project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of event logistics for all scales of events
- Deep understanding of DC event landscape (media companies, sports, lifestyle, esports) in order to understand market opportunities.
- Must have deep network of local events professionals to deliver on whatever is needed for a given event.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with sports and/or esports business needed.
- Experience with experiential marketing preferred.
- Move easily between generating big, creative ideas, and driving ongoing process improvement.
- Candidate will need to be able to prioritize effectively and communicate clearly and persuasively. This person is able to drive focus and excellence within the programs they own, with their colleagues in marketing and with the sales and product teams they work with.
Position is full-time, year-round. Significant weekend and evening hours will also be required, including attendance at some/all Washington Justice games & events. Compensation is dependent on experience and will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. A standard benefits package and paid vacation time will be part of the compensation.