(Closed) Partnership Activation Manager
Washington E-sports Ventures is a newly formed holding company specifically for the esports assets of Washington, DC based entrepreneur Mark Ein. Mr. Ein is responsible for the Citi Open Tennis Tournament, a combined WTA International and ATP 500 professional tennis tournament, the Washington Kastles of World Team Tennis (WTT), the winningest team in WTT history, the Washington Justice, the newly-launched esports team representing the DMV area in the Overwatch League, and the Washington City Paper. The mission of our organization is to unite and inspire our region, bring together great communities of sports fans in the Washington area and around the globe, and build an iconic portfolio of sports and entertainment brands.
The Partnership Activation Manager will be responsible for actively collaborating with our valued partners to conceptualize, create, plan, design, and execute all partnership activations and fan engagement opportunities for the Washington Justice, further building our loyal fan base and ensuring that fans have a world-class experience at Washington Justice events. The Manager is also responsible for ensuring a high-quality activation for our valued partners to their satisfaction. Reports to Director of Sponsorship.
2-4 years experience activating with brands or in experiential marketing. Must be collaborative, highly organized, and detail oriented with strong project management skills. Must have a deep network of local events professionals to deliver on whatever is required for a given event or activation. Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Familiarity with esports and sports related businesses needed, specifically a familiarity with the Overwatch League. In-depth knowledge and experience working within the sponsorship activation space required, with experiential marketing experience preferred.
The key job responsibilities include:
- Work with our valued partners to understand KPIs and help achieve relevant engagement targets and brand positioning
- Work with our partners to understand their creative vision for agreed upon activations at Washington Justice Homestands and other Justice related events
- Develop an overall plan for how events and activations will drive business and fan engagement goals
- Managing internal and external resources and budget to execute on partner events
- Develop overall events calendar and keep track of deliverables to support broader business objectives
- Provide creative leadership to ensure each activation has exceptionally high-quality design, experience, engagement, décor, check-in experience, operational efficiency, and data collection
Position is full-time, year-round. Significant weekend and evening hours will also be required, including attendance at some/all Washington Justice games/matches/events. Compensation is dependent on experience. A standard benefits package and paid vacation time will be part of the compensation.
We accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and decided upon as they are received. No phone calls please.