(Closed) Director of Sponsorship
Washington E-sports Ventures is a newly formed holding company specifically for the esports assets of Washington, DC based entrepreneur Mark Ein. Mr. Ein is responsible for the Citi Open Tennis Tournament, a combined WTA International and ATP 500 professional tennis tournament, the Washington Kastles of World Team Tennis (WTT), the winningest team in WTT history, the Washington Justice, the newly-launched esports team representing the DMV area in the Overwatch League, and the Washington City Paper. The mission of our organization is to unite and inspire our region, bring together great communities of sports fans in the Washington area and around the globe, and build an iconic portfolio of sports and entertainment brands.
The Director of Sponsorship will plan, direct, control, and coordinate the overall sponsorship sales activities for esports properties under Washington E-Sports Ventures. S/he will be responsible for building relationships with Brands and Agencies in an effort to sell local sponsorships across the full Washington Justice asset portfolio. The ideal candidate will meet and exceed sponsorship revenue targets as well as seize any and all market opportunities, both strategic and tactical, in order to grow the business.
At least 5-7 years experience in a sponsorship sales and client account management role required, either in a traditional sports & entertainment or esports related business. Must be collaborative, highly organized, and detail oriented with strong project management skills. Must have a deep network of potential local sponsors and agencies and able to exceed our internal partnership revenue targets. Must have strong written and oral communication skills, with great sales acumen and ability to communicate the Washington Justice value proposition in an exceptional manner. Familiarity with esports and sports related businesses required, specifically a familiarity and understanding of the Overwatch League, related sponsors, and activations. In-depth knowledge and experience working within the sponsorship activation space also required.
The key job responsibilities include:
- Converting potential sponsorship and partnership leads to strategic, long-term partners
- Managing a database of prospective partners and executing outreach initiatives
- Maintaining and growing our existing partnerships
- Exceeding internal partnership revenue targets for the upcoming Overwatch League season and beyond
- Participating in the creation of relevant material and assets to increase brand value
- Increasing awareness of the Washington Justice brand in the DMV area
- Identifying new brands to partner with as the DMV landscape continues to change
- Sell the Washington Justice value proposition to blue-chip brands and deliver value to our existing and new partners
- Communicate across the esports value proposition to traditional non-endemic sports & entertainment partners and brands
- Able to think outside the box and find new methods to reach potential partners and convert
- Able to identify a missing value proposition within our existing MDE Sports partnerships and position the Washington Justice to meet our existing partner’s requirements
Position is full-time, year-round. Significant weekend and evening hours will also be required, including attendance at some/all Washington Justice games/matches/events. Compensation is dependent on experience and performance. A standard benefits package and paid vacation time will be part of the compensation.
We accept and review applications on a rolling basis. Applications will be reviewed and decided upon as they are received. No phone calls please.