Junior Concept Artist
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We’re a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
- Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
- Rocksteady Studios is looking to bolster its in-house Concept team with an exceptionally talented Junior Concept Artist!
- At Rocksteady we pride ourselves on creating rich worlds and characters steeped in DC Comic Lore. We’re looking for a skilled artist who’s excited by the challenge of taking these ideas and redefining them for a brand-new AAA game on Next Gen consoles.
- We’re on the lookout for someone who’s looking to grow and be a key player in the visual direction of the project.
- Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position, and once it’s safe to return to the office can be completed from our London HQ, with some WFH opportunities.
- Work closely with the Concept lead to create high quality concepts to inspire and raise the visual bar of the project.
- Ensure work is delivered timely and according to the specifications of a brief following an established Art Direction.
- Develop a huge roster of exciting assets ranging from characters, environments, props, vehicles and weapons.
- Excellent illustration skills.
- Rapid sketching and idea generation skills.
- Great eye for light, value, composition, colour, staging, architecture and detail in environmental design.
- An understanding of human / creature anatomy, colour theory, values, form, shape language and silhouette.
- Experience with 3D software packages like Maya, Blender, Max, ZBrush etc.
- A good understanding of game development practises and pipelines, with a particular appreciation for level design.
- Prior experience within a gaming studio a plus.
- Passionate in creating and playing games.
- Passion for DC lore.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the description you feel excited about the position, and believe you’d still be a great fit for the role we’d still love to hear from you!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.