Game System Designer
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
WBG SD is looking for a Game Systems Designer to design and tune game systems and economies for a new AAA, free-to-play, cross-platform game.
- Work with the design team and creative leaders to develop new game systems and mechanics
- Create design documents and specifications outlining game systems and requirements to the dev team
- Generate multiple potential design solutions and communicate tradeoffs between them
- Balance game systems and mechanics for a multiplatform free-to-play game
- Design, tune and maintain the economy for a new free-to-play game from development to live ops
- Work closely with engineering and art to develop and deliver against the design vision
- Collaborate with product managers and consumer insights to test and validate design assumptions
- Assess new market trends, features, technologies and emerging techniques to stay competitive
- 3+ years experience designing game systems for new or live free-to-play games
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working on a live free-to-play game; designing and balancing content, systems, economies and gameplay loops for both engagement and monetization
- Comprehensive knowledge of the free-to-play market on all platforms
- Masterful use of spreadsheets (Excel, Numbers or Google Sheets)
- Expertise in generating high and low-level documentation (PowerPoint, Google Slides, Google Docs, Word)
- Effective use of visual communication tools in communicating designs (Visio, Lucidchart, Visio, etc)
- Active free-to-play game player who can translate experiences and observations into product insights and learnings
- Strong written and verbal communication to allowing you to work effectively within your team, across disciplines and with key stakeholders
- Excellent critical, analytical and feedback skills
- Experience in scripting and Unreal Engine a plus
- A deep love of video games
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.