WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Avalanche, a Warner Bros. Games studio, located along the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, has been in the video game business for 22 years. Acquired by Warner Bros. in 2016, we are at the top of our game and in the midst of creating a new, open-world, single-player action RPG experience, set in the 1800s Wizarding World–Hogwarts Legacy! The game is scheduled for release in 2022. Come play a part in imagining adventures and creating worlds together.
Join us. Shape your story here.
Avalanche, a division of Warner Bros. Games Inc., seeks an Environment Artist (TEMP) for the Avalanche Art Department. We are looking for talented artists with strong art foundations and functional technical skills. Applicants should be creative self-motivated problem solvers who enjoy collaborating in a team setting with other artists, programmers and designers to create an immersive game experience. If this is you, send us your resume and portfolio for consideration
- Learn and implement the artistic direction established (references, documents etc.)
- Research subject matter to support and inform team
- Plan, with your immediate supervisor, the game concept or asset to be created·
- Create required assets considering the game design and technical constraints
- Have the objects and environments validated by the Lead Artist or Art Director
- Verify the quality of created assets once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary
1 or more of the following:
- Strong artistic foundation in design, composition, color
- Creative, with an eye for details
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of Unreal4 and Maya
- Understanding of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors
- Good knowledge of Zbrush
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite. (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Good knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer
- For Character Modeling Interns: an understanding of anatomy and the human figure
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.