(Closed) Software Engineer, Mobile Games
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Software Engineer for the WBG San Francisco Engineering department.
We are seeking a Software Engineer with experience building mobile games. You will build core gameplay systems. You will discuss and suggest gameplay features and work closely with our game designers to craft fun experiences for our players. You will also integrate with internal and external libraries and services, including Unity and proprietary technologies.
This role will have a variety of responsibilities. The primary responsibility of the position is implementation of gameplay features, including front-end development, back-end development, and API/Library integration. As a seasoned game engineer, you will also be involved in brainstorming, design discussions, and code reviews. Deep knowledge of free-to-play mobile games will allow you to understand the games you are creating from a player perspective.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help develop practical solutions that will bring our games to life. In this position you will have the opportunity to impact many areas of our games, while setting and maintaining the highest possible quality bar for yourself and the rest of the team.
- Game system / feature design & implementation / Library / Service integration.
- Performance optimization.
- Review the work of other Gameplay Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
- At least 4 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 1 mobile title on iOS and/or Android.
- Unity development experience required.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- Expert C# programming skills.
- Understanding of mobile, free-to-play games.
- Deep knowledge of Unity, including custom tool creation.
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Experience in tools development and content pipeline development.
- Experience building gameplay systems and working closely with game designers.
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
- Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
- Experience with network game design and development a plus.
- Documentation / Presentation skills.
- Strong performance optimization experience.
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Passion for making games.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.