Senior Advanced Software Engineer - Full Stack
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
WB Games Boston, is a Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
WB Games Boston seeks an outstanding Software Engineer/Architect to join the engineering team in our Needham, MA development studio. In this position, you will have a hands-on role in architecting and implementing key game systems and features for our mobile title Game of Thrones: Conquest as well as future titles.
This position requires expert knowledge of the entire game development ecosystem, from game client and server infrastructure, to tools and pipelines. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall technical architecture for the game and will work closely with the Director of Engineering to ensure that all project technical needs are met. You must be passionate about mobile games development and have previously shipped AAA mobile or console titles and/or massively multiplayer online games.
- Lead and participate in architecture discussions for development of new game systems
- Improve performance, scalability, reliability and measurability of our games
- Assist engineering project teams at critical points in production with hands-on support and optimization
- Help establish and enforce best practices in architecture, coding style and code reviews
- Stay current on cutting-edge research and technologies, recommend new tools & techniques
- Address technical challenges and reduce technical debt as required
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, with at least 2 years in a lead architect or technical leadership role
- In depth knowledge of Unity3D, specifically for mobile game development
- A strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming and software design
- Extensive knowledge in a broad range of software engineering areas with a mastery in at least one area (graphics, networking, UI/UX, etc)
- Expert knowledge in C#, C++, and/or Java
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with multiple 3D engines (Unity, Unreal, proprietary, etc...)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and microservices
- Passionate about optimization and pushing the limits on mobile gaming
- Experience developing games as a service (GAAS)
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.