(Closed) Quality Assurance (QA) Test Automation Lead
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.
WB Games Montreal, a division on WB Games Inc., seeks a Quality Assurance (QA) Test Automation Lead to be responsible for driving technical innovation within the QA Team. The QA Test Automation Lead identifies opportunities to introduce synergistic technology practices that make sense in a modern testing environment.
The QA Test Automation Lead suggests changes to tools integrations between commercial and in house tools and designs, develops ideas and supports new software solutions for a variety of use cases within the QA Test Team.
- Identify important design elements for a variety of tools to meet the needs of a fast-paced, evolving automated test environment.
- Work with the QA Development team to build tools relevant to QA testing using industry standard APIs.
- Work closely with Game Production teams to understand the needs of each supported title, to ensure that test tool development is aligned with QA testing needs.
- Identify areas of opportunity to enrich, connect or unify tools used in the testing process.
- Design dashboards for analytics purposes to demonstrate key measurable data.
- Work primarily with Python in both a Linux and Microsoft environment.
- Work with QA Teams and Game Production teams to understand upcoming QA Department needs, individual game needs and technical opportunities.
- Work with QA Development Team to design & suggest features or tools that connect, enchance or aid Testing.
- Identify improvements that support, maintain and evolve currently existing tools and systems.
- Document, communicate and train the QA staff or any other stakeholder on the tools developed.
- Manage a team of QA Test Automation Tester.
- Perform other tasks needed to support the QA department.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 4+ years experience in video game and/or software development.
- 1+ years experience in design, implementation, and/or development of automated test frameworks.
- Experience developing/testing for Xbox One or PS4 for AAA titles
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer system engineering or equivalent professional experience in software development.
- Experience developing best practices such as source control (Git), continuous integration (Jenkins), unit testing, design patterns and agile development methodologies (Agile/Scrum).
- Solid background working with Python and/or .NET applications (.NET 4.x +) including distributed systems, windows services, client-server systems, multithreaded systems.
- Knowledge of the following technologies/Platforms – Web services, SOAP, XML, JSON, RESTFul interfaces, scripting language (PowerShell, Batch, Bash).
- Knowledge of SQL Database design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of game design, online architecture for modern AAA connected games.
- Intimate knowledge of the different test tools in the market (Jira, Confluence, TestRail).
- Ability to understand distributed back-end applications used on an automated system.
- Self-motivated, independent, detail-oriented, responsible and a team player.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the video game development industry.
- Knowledge of Unreal engine/scripting.
- Usage of source control repository (Git and Perforce).
- CI Server / SCM experience with Jenkins.
- Experience marketing software and services within a technical environment.
- Scrum master or sufficient experience leading development teams in and Agile workflow.
- Passionate about video games.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.