Quality Assurance Analyst
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
At WB Games San Francisco we are bringing to life some of the world’s most iconic characters, stories, and universes. Come help us build a world-class studio, and take leading entertainment franchises to 1.2 billion mobile gamers. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans, and are positioning ourselves to be a top player in mobile.
Posting Job Description
WB Games Inc. seeks a Quality Assurance Analyst for the WBG San Francisco Dev QA department. A proficient individual contributor responsible for creating and executing test plans on pre-release games, patches, DLC, development tools, live events, etc., you must be an expert in gray-box testing techniques, preferably in the mobile gaming space.
Works closely with development teams during all phases of production to support iterative development processes.
Depending on the focus of the role, may conduct specialized testing such as compliance, usability, multi-player, audio, core technology, etc.
Assists with training junior QA staff.
- Execute defined tests on pre-release builds of game projects. Evaluate compliance and quality across game features.
- Design and build test plans, document test methods and approaches.
- Perform regression, exploratory and stress testing for mobile games and support live events testing.
- Coordinate QA resources (internal and external), work with QA leadership to improve and execute QA process.
- Verify bug fixes and ensure that our database is up to date.
- At least three years of professional experience in QA.
- At least two years of experience working on mobile games.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree or equivalent software testing experience.
- Highly proficient with task and bug tracking software packages (e.g. Jira, Bugzilla, Basecamp, Test TrackPro, etc.).
- Skilled with test case tracking software used by the studio (e.g. Testrail).
- Proficient with applicable MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and team messaging application(s).
- Adept with video/image capture and editing software.
- Highly skilled using QA tools to expedite testing for pre-release and live games.
- Strong presentation, written and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and has great problem solving abilities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with the source control systems (P4/Git) and tools for compiling game builds (Jenkins, etc.). is a plus.
- Proficiency with Unity editor is a plus.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.