WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios’ biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Lighting Artist to create visually compelling lighting and ambiances for both interior and exterior settings in an upcoming AAA title. Working closing with the Art Director, environment leads, and concept artists, the successful candidate will be responsible for the production and implementation of lighting and ambiances that uphold the aesthetic vision of the game and maintain the highest level of consistency and quality possible.
- Assist in the creation of all in game lighting and post process effects for the characters, environments, and cut scenes (80% of the time)
- Define processes for, and assist content generalists in, the first pass lighting procedures (10% of the time)
- Collaborate with tools and tech team to enhance lighting pipeline. (5% of the time)
- Work with multiple art teams to assess and prioritize their requirements. (5% of the time)
- Other duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 6+ years of experience video game development and at least 1 published AAA game, preferably on Xbox One or PS4.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Minimum of 2-year 2D/3D art degree with an emphasis in art creation or equivalent work experience
- Past lighting experience with realtime rendering engines
- Unreal game engine experience/knowledge
- Excellent understanding of color, space, mood, materials, and the properties of light
- Expert-level understanding of lighting systems and post processing effects.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate the creative and technical lighting processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- Experience with current gen (Xbox One, PS4) lighting technology
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies
- Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills.
- Traditional art skills, as demonstrated in your portfolio.
- A passion for video games and realtime technology
- Knowledge of cutting edge realtime lighting techniques/technologies (e.g. PBR)
- Self-motivated person who thrives in a collaborative environment
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, resourceful problem-solver
- An excellent artistic sense
- Strong communication/collaboration skills
- Passion for and knowledge of film and other relevant artistic media