Associate Technical Account Manager (temporary)
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Business Unit Overview
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
WB Games NY is looking to hire an Associate Technical Account Manager (temporary) for its studio in Troy, NY. The Associate Technical Account Manager will assist other WBNY technical account managers and engineers with specific tasks in support of the online service development cycle.
Candidates should have foundational project management skills and an understanding of the development cycle that includes overall organization, processes and workflows. Candidates should also have a technical or engineering background, as our products are built by engineers, for engineers. You will need to be able to understand and explain our products to our technical clients.
This is a great position for someone with a strong background in technology, but with aspirations and strong skillsets in production or project management.
- Become an expert in our backend service product, Hydra. Train yourself to become knowledgeable on the Hydra Studio platform, leveraging the customer requirements associated with your accounts, and the guidance of your assigned WBNY mentor. This is the foundational piece of this position. You can’t fulfill your other job requirements without expert knowledge of our API and services.
- Provide direct technical support for those customers (development teams) associated with your account(s).
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed. Address all account-related queries on time.
- Participate in technical conference calls associated with your account(s). Take good notes and see through any relevant action items.
- Assist customers associated with your account(s) to use the Hydra Studio platform effectively.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of game launches associated with your accounts. Specific tasks may include, but are not limited to, assisting with quality assurance, API reviews, and load testing.
- Participate in the monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting specific to any live development or on-call support cases for those games associated with your account(s).
- Work directly with the WBNY technical account management group (Executive Producer and Account Managers) to facilitate any miscellaneous tasks or action items deemed a priority based on active account development.
- Experience building or using a REST API or other web services is required.
- A foundational knowledge of some project management principles including project scoping, schedule, work breakdown structures, task tracking, project communication, status reporting, risk management, testing and quality management.
- Ability to communicate concepts, verbally or in written format, to other disciplines and interact with others as necessary to facilitate the completion of deliverables.
- Ability to document meeting outcomes/decisions and set up and track tasks in the studio’s chosen software. Developing ability to create game documentation for review.
- Some familiarity with estimating time and requirements for deliverables.
- Basic proficiency with business communication tools such as email, messaging tools, internal Wikis, and applicable applications in the MS Office suite.
- Some familiarity with task and bug tracking software packages (e.g. Jira).
- General understanding of game development disciplines and their inputs into online service development.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.