Advanced Server Engineer
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games San Diego is seeking an Advanced Server Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans. A t this newest WB Games studio, we will bring some of the most i conic characters and stories to life in free-to-play games.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to help build a Core-Server team and to create the backend infrastructure for next-generation games.
The Core Server team will be a dedicated engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting our proprietary gaming platform. Our platform includes server technologies, infrastructure, analytics, performance and development tools.
- Develop, and maintain backend infrastructure to support large scale online games across multiple platforms.
- Develop tools that empower our LiveOps and Game Design teams to deliver frequent live game events and store offers.
- Work closely with the Feature Owners, Game Client Engineers, Game Designers and LiveOps developers on features, integration with the backend and tools.
- Integrate backend Systems to our games (e.g. Auth, User Profiles, Guilds, Leaderboards, Store, Analytics, etc.).
- Scale testing and performance tuning of the entire stack.
- Leverage and contribute to corporate wide systems and solutions.
- Improve configuration management, game build, and deployment processes.
- Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives.
- A minimum of 2 published titles across various platforms.
- 6+ years of industry experience.
- 3+ years in a Senior Engineer position or above.
- Expert Cloud Platform Knowledge, Amazon Web Services and Terraform preferred.
- Experience in C++, Java, C#/.NET & Python.
- Experience in Unreal 4 Networking and Server Technologies.
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of multiple game genres.
- Previous work in a Linux CLI environment.
- Existing experience with SQL or noSQL stores (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB etc).
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.