Visual Effects Artist, World of Tanks
Wargaming Prague is looking for experienced VFX Artist to join our WoT creative team. This opportunity offers high potential for skill development and artistic growth. If you have a passion for creating Games, you understand how to create of real time visual effects, you are creative, have technical and artistic skills, you are invited to design and implement dynamic and dramatic in-game special effects (explosions, fire, smoke and other environmental effects, special abilities, vehicle attacks, etc.) – let’s talk!
The role reports to Visual Effects Lead
What will you do?
- Work closely with Team Leads, 2d/3d Artists, Level Designers, Programmers and Audio staff to ensure that visual effects are of the high quality and enhance the overall game experience
- Use Maya or 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, for create and implement special visual effects on WoT Game engine
- Utilize particle systems, shader, mesh and sprite effects on WoT Game engine
- Creating a variety of particle effects and systems, from ambient environmental effects to Character Special abilities
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Maya or 3D Studio Max, Photoshop (UE or Unity 3D for R&D of effects)
- Knowledge of game production pipeline and 3d game engines
- Understanding of VFX performance impacts. Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools
- Actively seek feedback to improve work while also providing guidance and feedback to peers
- Ability to adapt and cope with change as the production of the project demands
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Composition and light, Photography
- Mechanical and Movement
- Physical and Chemical nature (Real World observation)
- Knowledge of Houdini, Blender 3d, Substance Designer, scripting will be a big plus
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!