UI Artist (New Product)
Wargaming MS-1 studio is looking for a UI Artist to design and create high-quality interface art assets (menus, buttons, icons and user feedback animations) for an exciting new multiplayer hero shooter on Unreal Engine targeting worldwide mobile audience.
Our game is built on a game as a service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come and use some elements of MOBA gameplay.
MS-1 is Wargaming’s premier mobile development studio behind World of Tanks Blitz, a renowned cross-platform shooter boasting over 140 million downloads worldwide. MS-1 is a multi-site studio with offices in Minsk, Moscow and Vilnius, and currently employs over 350 professionals of various backgrounds and experience across all disciplines, including development, publishing, and operations. This cultural diversity helps deliver games that click with different audiences around the globe.
We are happy to consider candidates worldwide, being quite flexible with regard to different locations, and you can join our distributed team remotely from your location.
Are you up for the challenge? Send your portfolio with recent gaming examples!
What will you do?
- Work closely with designers to establish a consistent visual identity and language
- Design and implement user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX
- Translate gameplay high-level ideas and UX vision into visual functional UI designs
- Collaborate with engineers to carry designs from concept into final implementation
- Work with the art lead to paint new icons, borders, frames, and UI elements in our art style
- Communicate concepts and designs to stakeholders in your team and key decision makers
- Iterate using player feedbacks to optimize for simplicity, comprehension, and function
- Understand core challenges of mobile UI from an artistic and technical perspective
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years’ experience in video game industry in the role of UI Artist/Designer
- Experience in designing and implementing UI artwork in a mobile game
- Strong visual design skills and understanding of usability design principles
- Expert in design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects)
- Profound knowledge of the full pipeline for getting UI assets into a game engine
- Strong knowledge of layout, colour and composition, typography
- Positive attitude and ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Ability to work well within dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment
- Intermediate or higher level of English: enough to pass job interview, enough to participate in daily meetings and discussions with English-speaking colleagues in the team
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!