Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for an exceptionally skilled UI Artist to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Lead UI Artist, Art Director and Art Production Director to create and be responsible for large sections of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to both take critique and give feedback to external partners as well as fully participating in group discussions.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of developers in a global community and will have the ability to both share your hard-earned knowledge and continue to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
The UI Artist will report to the Art Production Director
What will you do?
- Imagine and create graphically appealing and innovative UI designs
- Work in close collaboration with the UX design team and the Art Director
- Explore and experiment with a variety of graphical style to connect with our audience
- Develop user friendly graphical systems that inform, guide and retain our users
- Assist the Art Production Director in planning within this discipline
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years production art experience in the gaming industry
- At least 2 published games
- Experience in developing graphically innovative UI from inception through to in game implementation
- Strong graphic design skills: colour theory, composition, typography and layout
- The ability to distill complex ideas into easy to use and understand UI graphics
- A great eye for detail and natural design flair
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and be able to both take critique and give feedback internally and externally in a professional manner
- Diligent self-management around both individual and team tasks, schedule and budgets
- Strong organizational skills with adherence to optimization and asset management
What additional skills will help you out?
- Traditional art skills (drawing, painting, sculpting, photography)
- Significant Unreal 4 development experience with at least one released title
- Knowledge of 3ds Max
- BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
- Passion for making and playing great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.