Team Lead, Software Engineer (Machine Learning)
We're looking for a Team Lead/Software Engineer to join our fun, talented and multinational team that helps Wargaming studios deliver great online gaming experiences to millions of players. Your primary responsibility will include leading a team focused on a machine learning research project within the video game space. You'll be combining your leadership and technical experience and an intrinsic desire for problem solving, with your passion of video games to explore a new frontier within the realm of video games with our academic research partners, to turn the research into a user facing product.
Director of Engineering
What are we looking for?
- Team leadership experience in an Agile environment.
- You have a demonstrable background in Software Engineering with commercial experience in Python and C++.
- You have a background that can show a track record of writing high performing, stable and easy to maintain code
- You have commercial experience in a machine learning/data science project
- You have a passion for video games
- Problem-solving skills. You face problems head-on and find ways to overcome them, ideally before they even become real problems
- You embody teamwork, seeking to help your team members achieve results as part of your everyday work.
- You are an effective communicator that can discuss the minutiae of your technical work, as well as simplify concepts to communicate with
- Curiosity in the world around you. You value continuously developing your skills and knowledge, and inspire others around you to do the same
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience in the video games industry
- Research experience within the machine learning / data science space (Masters / PhD / commercial)
- You have a previous role as a data engineer
- You are an excitable and curious person who is keen to grow yourself and others.
- You can coherently teach others about CNN / RNN / Logistic Regression / Classification vs Clustering, amongst other things
Wargaming Sydney is one of the largest AAA development studios in Australia, and is the Aussie branch of Wargaming.net. We are the creators of the award-winning BigWorld Technology which powers Wargaming’s massively popular online games. The team currently works on new IP, established titles, and advanced technologies.
We are a group of highly talented individuals who have come together to create the Wargaming Sydney family.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a unique bespoke benefits package which includes options for subsidised private health care, fitness/gym memberships and entertainment budgets. We also offer breakfast every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, fully stocked gaming room and much, much more...
We’ve been voted a Great Place to Work, and are endorsed as an Employer for Women by Work180. We believe in equal opportunities for all and have created a workplace where all of our team can feel supported and included. We’ve zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment. We encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and all applicants will receive consideration equally.