Senior UI/UX Designer
Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer to join our world-class team and deliver fresh experiences for players. Our projects offer unique opportunities for developers from all backgrounds.
Play a key role in driving the vision and creation of our products. Your creativity, leadership and drive for continuous improvement will combine with your honed skills to craft memorable interfaces that serve our customers. Working across the studio you will thrive in a collaborative environment and be a champion for a feedback-rich culture.
What will you do?
- Realise engaging, usable and effective visual design solutions efficiently, with an ability to develop prototypes to test critical concepts
- Craft and own areas of visual design for presentation to team members and both internal and external stakeholders
- Drive and refine the aesthetic quality of creative material, highlighting its core value and vision alignment, in the areas of, but not limited to in-game UI, game menus, web pages, application interfaces, advertising campaigns, web and video content and studio branding materials
- Understand how to operate in a rapid prototyping environment versus a production environment and be adept at both
- Have in-depth knowledge of who the target audience is, what they are looking for and how the product vision and supporting visual design meets their needs
- You will help define processes, interaction design, user research and usability testing
What are we looking for?
- A Senior UI/UX Designer; with around 5+ years of professional experience tackling a variety of problems, design tools and game engines
- The embodiment of great design; you are fluent in many game systems and how to communicate them but have the critical thinking skills to know when it's time to try something more out of the box
- A strong communicator; your verbal and written communications are precise and unambiguous. Your best work comes from collaboration and teamwork, and you believe that excellence comes from dynamic communication throughout the design process
- A team player; you motivate and support the team around you, guiding them towards success
- A gamer; you are passionate about games with a breadth of game knowledge that you've enjoyed
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with Unreal
- Extensive Game UI experience
- Strong hands-on systems design expertise
- Having worked with multiple studios across timezones
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!