Senior Gameplay Programmer
The role will involve working on gameplay systems of a free-to-play UE4 based PC game. You will work alongside the gameplay programming team, your lead and designers to implement various gameplay features.
The Senior Gameplay Programmer reports to the Game Lead and can be based remotely or hybrid working in our Guildford studio.
What will you do?
- Develop gameplay features for a free-to-play UE4 based PC game, in close collaboration with other disciplines (art, design, etc.)
- Prove out gameplay by working with designers during the prototype stage to hone the gameplay
- Work closely with your lead to mentor and train juniors
- Designing and implementing gameplay systems
What are we looking for?
- Broad knowledge of gameplay programming in the gaming industry
- Experience working with networked multiplayer games
- Experience developing for PC, as well as different console platforms
- A love for working in cross-discipline feature teams, as well as leading and mentoring others
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Unreal 4 development experience
- Experience working with highly distributed teams
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
- Familiarity with multiple areas of code; including AI, physics, networking, optimization, etc
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.