(Closed) Senior Game Designer
Wargaming Mobile is seeking a Senior Game Designer with the expertise and experience to make key contributions to a highly ambitious unannounced strategy game, starting from the prototyping phase and moving forward into production.
In this role you’ll design game systems, units, and economic systems at the conceptual and first pass levels, and iterate on both systemic designs and specific game elements to ensure they’re both technically sound and produce great experiences for players. If you’re self-motivated, collaborative, have a positive, solution-oriented attitude, and you easily share this expertise with a team, read on.
The Senior Game Designer will report to the Director of Game Design
What will you do?
- Collaborate with the team to design and document multiplayer strategy game systems
- Create and iterate on strategy gameplay including units, maps, and control schemes
- Conceive, design, and balance unit types to produce and evolve a dynamic metagame
- Create mechanical designs, wireframes, and user flows for key gameplay features
- Be a constant student of and advocate for design, player psychology, industry trends
- Solve difficult problems in multiple design disciplines, innovating new novel solutions
What are we looking for?
- 5+ Years of game design experience, preferably with at least one RTS or strategy title
- A fearless but measured approach to tackling problems games haven’t solved before
- An eye for quality and detail, and a reliable understanding of what good looks like
- Strong analytical capabilities and a talent for understanding the “why” behind designs
- Solid foundation in both current mobile trends and lessons learned from older games
- Expertise in RTS, 4X, and grand strategy games and what makes them satisfying
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience building game systems for MMOs, RTSs, and/or grand strategy games
- Experience in designing game experiences for mid-core or hardcore mobile games
- Experience building procedural content systems that produce fun not just content
- Experience with both competitive and cooperative large scale multiplayer games
- Experience with mobile UX/UI design practices and the ability to build your own flows
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!