(Closed) Mid-level/Senior UX/UI Designer (Unannounced Project)
Wargaming MS-1 studio is looking for a UX/UI Designer to work on an exciting new multiplayer hero shooter with a third-person view targeting a worldwide mobile audience.
Our game is built on a game as a service model, to deliver content to our community for years to come and use some elements of MOBA gameplay.
As a UX/UI Designer, you will work on the overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production, propose solutions to translate game design intentions into usable and memorable graphical user interfaces.
MS-1 is Wargaming’s premier mobile development studio behind World of Tanks Blitz, a renowned cross-platform shooter, and World of Warships Blitz, a mobile naval combat game, with games in portfolio boasting over 160 million downloads.
MS-1 is a multi-site studio with primary locations Vilnius, Minsk, Moscow, Shanghai, and Berlin. Its international, multicultural team comprises more than 360 professionals of various backgrounds and experience across all disciplines, including development, publishing, and operations.
This cultural diversity helps deliver games that click with different audiences around the globe. The recently opened office in Vilnius housing the continuously growing team developing two unannounced action/shooter projects, including new IP, MS-1 is set to expand its portfolio with new exciting titles.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so the role of UX/UI Designer includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities.
What will you do?
- Work with game designers to translate game system requirements into experiences
- Work closely with UI artists and engineers to establish a consistent visual identity and language that supports the experience while staying within the engine’s technical requirements
- Craft UX artifacts to communicate solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Design and visualize user interface screens, transitions, animations
- Establish and maintain patterns for flows, layouts, and interactions
What are we looking for?
- Experience designing UX for shipped game products
- Strong knowledge of mobile device and OS specific design patterns (iOS/Android)
- Strong knowledge of UX process and usability design principles
- Firm understanding of hierarchy and layout design principles
- Awareness of current trends in user interface design
- Strong visual design and presentation skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- 3 years or more of UX design experience, preferably in a gaming field
- Background in HCI/UX Design/Graphic Design/Interaction Design or equivalent experience
- Proficient in multiple design tools (Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator), Figma, Sketch, Framer, Principle, Zeplin, Flinto, etc.)
- Illustration skills to paint UI screens, frames, borders, icons, etc.
- JIRA Fluency
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!