Localization Specialist / Translator
Wargaming is looking to hire a Localization Specialist/Translator to join the Localization & Documentation Department responsible for localizing all the company's products and connecting to a huge player community in their native language.
Localization and cultural adaptation of games, apps and websites are the backbone of our work. Our task is to speak the language of players taking into account the specifics of every region.
We help create the multicultural Wargaming universe that unites our players all over the world.
What will you do?
- Analyze and edit Russian texts and localize them into English
- Plan, organize, and monitor localization into other languages
- Cooperate with other teams and offices to prepare localized assets
What are we looking for?
- Education in linguistics or language studies
- Perfect written and verbal communication skills in English and Russian
- C1 - С2 level in English (CEFR)
- Experience as a translator/localization specialist/editor
- Gaming experience
- MS Office knowledge
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of translation/localization tools (Trados, Deja Vu, Smartcat, etc.);
- Experience in localizing video games
- Fluency in any other foreign language (besides English)
- Editing and writing skills
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!