Digital Content Creator
Wargaming USA is looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Digital Content Coordinator for its Austin-based small team of gamers, memelords and history-lovers responsible for spreading the World of Warships brand across the Americas.
This position will be responsible for operating multiple regional communication channels in collaboration with other departments, in an effort to help us communicate with our existing audience more effectively, as well as increase the exposure of our brand on those channels.
Success in this role relies on a sound understanding of player behavior and the social media landscape with its trends and sensitivities across multiple languages and regions. This knowledge will need to be combined with an ability to develop creative, innovative, and compelling messaging that keeps the community entertained and informed about our games – according to specs and by deadlines.
You’ve been working towards total world domination and the next step in your meticulous plan requires someone to fund it for you.
You juggle priorities for fun without dropping anything and no CMS can break your stride as you deploy epic copy for internal review.
You have experience in how the current social media landscape works and know how to weaponize it. Those kittens won’t reach users on their own!
You are able to leverage multiple tools to create evocative content and your memes cut deep, with surgical precision.
If this is you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Global Social Media Manager
What will you do?
- Manage the look and feel of the brand's messaging to players through managing content platforms, as well as the creation of written and visual content throughout multiple communication channels
- Write, edit, localize, proofread and schedule compelling content for both the brand's website and social media platforms (ex: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) as needed
- Help grow the reach of brand channels by leveraging targeting algorithms and providing engagement on posted content
- Align with multiple stakeholders to manage an editorial calendar, as well as create content initiatives that are in line with business priorities
- Analyze content performance, output and optimize for effectiveness. Prepare informative reports on your findings
- Manage art creation requests to fulfill the needs of the local team. Work with the art team to provide creative input and guidelines for visual assets
- Capture, edit, and publish screenshots, video, animated GIFs, and other art assets used by various departments, as well as modify content on the fly to meet SM requirements
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years of previous experience in a business communications role -or- a Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Familiarity with operating social media platforms (ex: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for business applications
- Experience working with web-based content management systems
- Outstanding communication skills, including solid verbal, written, and listening skills for developing on-brand copy for website/blog articles and social media content
- Proficient in using text editing software. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Premiere (or equivalent software)
- Self-driven motivation to prioritize multiple tasks in an efficient and effective manner
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!