Corporate Development Associate
Wargaming is looking for a hungry Corporate Development Associate to join a global team of gaming experts and help drive strategic initiatives.
The position involves working closely with internal stakeholders to identify, analyze and assess strategic opportunities such as, but not limited to, investments, M&A, etc for Wargaming at a global level.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive all-rounder with a background in investment banking, management consulting, M&A, or corporate development. Both an understanding and personal interest in the gaming industry is an absolute prerequisite. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make impactful contribution to the company’s growth and establish oneself as a key pillar in the company’s core strategy. The role is based in Cyprus but we´re open to remote work in any of our other Wargaming locations.
Chief Corporate Development Officer
What will you do?
- Perform a broad spectrum of research and analyses in interactive gaming and adjacent sectors
- Develop gaming industry expertise by evaluating games in the market as well as under development
- Build and maintain a network of industry relationships with studios and the broader gaming and investment community
- Continuously monitor market trends and the competitive landscape to identify new investment, business, and gaming opportunities
- Evaluate investment, M&A and strategic partnership deals performing a broad range of qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Manage the deal execution process all the way from due diligence through transaction completion and integration
- Prepare specific models, business cases and presentations with findings and recommendations for decision-making by senior management
- Communicate recommendations to enable strategic decisions by the executive team
What are we looking for?
- Prior experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate development, or investment (VC, PE, etc)
- Personal interest in gaming and a solid understanding of the industry
- Ability to perform qualitative analyses of complex business issues
- Strong emotional intelligence skills and ability to clearly communicate and present ideas
- Deep analytical and evaluation skills
- Strong Excel/modelling, financial modelling and PowerPoint skills
- Discipline and high standards for quality and details
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and work under pressure
- Proactive and action-oriented, assertive, self-managed and highly accountable personality
- 2+ years of experience in corporate development, management consulting, venture capital, private equity or investment banking
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis to differing time zones
- A good understanding of digital technology