Consoles Release Manager
Wargaming is looking to bring on a Consoles Release Manager to work on our new product.
As a Consoles Release Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that the release process is performed according to the agreed and documented structure, while meeting goals defined by the process. We need a responsible and attentive specialist, with nerves of steel, excellent teamwork and coordination skills, and a deep knowledge of ITIL and project management. If that sounds like you, then you may have the qualities to be an exceptional Release Manager.
What will you do?
- Plan release activities together with other departments; identify release-related dependencies, risks and restrictions
- Process requests for releases (including urgent and non-scheduled ones); perform planning
- Negotiate the approval of release requirements, dependencies, and participants (including their availability on the release date)
- Coordinate release schedule (availability of artifacts, participants, technical regulations, etc.)
- Communicate process information (release schedule, approval and progress) and changes as appropriate, to ensure awareness of all involved parties
- Coordinate release activities for versions
- Perform release retrospectives; review opportunities for process enhancements and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the process, initiate improvements and assign their management to subordinates
- Implement lessons learned into the next release cycle
- Improve processes and coordinate the work of various units involved in releases
- Ensure that the process, roles, responsibilities and documentation are regularly reviewed, audited and updated
What are we looking for?
- 1+ year of experience working in an IT company
- 1+ year of experience working with consoles (PlayStation, Xbox)
- Previous experience working as QA Lead/Senior Manager, Project Manager, Release Manager
- Experience working in a team
- General technical literacy, understanding of development processes
- Advanced level of English
- Experience managing and coordinating projects, working across several teams
- Experience building processes or introducing improvements into processes
- Knowledge of or familiarity with ITIL processes
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!