Assistant Video Editor
This position is a general assistant video production role that operates as a part of the World of Tanks North American Content team. The Assistant Video Editor will assist video production through all stages, from pre-production, to shooting video, and post-production including editing and output for YouTube and social media. The Assistant Video Editor should be motivated, adept at learning on the go, and prepared to wear a variety of hats within the video production workflow.
The Video Editor will work with Production, Community, Live Ops, and other internal teams to produce player-facing video as needed. Working with the Video Editor and Video Producer, this role will help with regional video production planning and execute on regional video projects, including editing our weekly YouTube show and other regional video content as needed.
Reports to the Head of Content.
- Support the Video Editor and Video Producer to assist regional video production with responsibilities including editing, shooting, and motion graphics creation
- Work in all aspects of video production, including video, and audio recording, game capture, editing and deliverable media
- Take ownership of post-production responsibilities for weekly released videos
- Stay up to date on our game and the free-to-play video game industry
- A minimum of one year experience producing video content for the web with an understanding of online video and video distribution
- At least one year of experience with Adobe Production Suite (Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, juggle multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines
- A familiarity with the creation and implementation of motion graphics
- Excellent communication skills and capacity to work well within a team
- Knowledge of encoding, compression, and streaming media best practices
- A willingness to learn about our game and our players
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may involve some travel
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field of study
- 2D motion graphics experience
- Familiarity with the free-to-play game market
- Experience using dedicated tools to capture video assets from video game software
- Experience working with task management software (like Atlassian JIRA and Confluence) and Google Analytics
- A strong interest in World War II history
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!