Artificial Intelligence Engineer
As a part of the Rapid Prototyping team, you will work at the intersection of game development and data science areas. Your role will be to deliver state-of-the-art AI and machine learning solutions for our game development processes. The ideal candidate won’t just help us to increase our analytical tasks, but will also bring new knowledge and experience to the team. As a subject matter expert, you will be combining your professional experience and an intrinsic desire for problem solving with your passion of games in order to explore a new frontier within the realm of game development with our data scientists and academic research partners.
We are looking for a new team member with strong interpersonal skills and a combination of analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, and accountability.
You will be working in close collaboration with data science and game teams to identify, prototype and implement solutions to change the game production and player experience.
The ideal candidate is an intelligent, sharp, detail-oriented, and highly quantitative individual with a passion for gaming, data modeling, analysis, and working with cross-functional teams.
What will you do?
- Design, prototype, and implement performant and optimized artificial intelligence and machine learning systems.
- Create various types of state machines and goal-oriented systems for of AI agents. Implement tactic, strategy, pathfinding, and behavioral features for how the various characters in a game will behave and respond to a gamer’s actions and environment.
- Implement server-side AI code for a multiplayer environment.
- Work with the Machine Learning team to implement robust processes into AI.
- Design and implement tools for an iterative AI development process. Create prototypes to visualize AI and machine learning algorithms.
- Present information using data visualization techniques to both technical and non-technical team members
- Review relevant academic and industry research to identify useful algorithms, techniques, libraries, etc. Monitor the latest machine learning/artificial intelligence trends and cutting-edge techniques to leverage them on our projects.
- Create services, libraries, packages with models and algorithms, and containers to integrate into existing products.
What are we looking for?
- Proven experience with developing artificial intelligence systems in a professional environment.
- Firsthand experience in game development in AI modules, navigation, and collision physics.
- Working knowledge of FSM and GOAP.
- Understanding of the mathematical foundations of machine learning algorithms and knowledge of probability theory and mathematical statistics.
- Proficiency in Python and multiple libraries (NumPy, OpenCV, Scikit, Pandas, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of C++ and STL.
- Teamwork experience.
- Readiness to work remotely.
- What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with other programming languages (C#, Lua, etc.).
- Experience with game engines (Unity, Unreal Engine).
- MMO game experience.
- Experience using machine learning frameworks (Pytorch, TensorFlow, MxNet, Caffe, etc.).
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 5,500 employees and 18 offices spread worldwide. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include the free-to-play hits World of Tanks and World of Warships, as well as World of Tanks Blitz — the critically acclaimed mobile tank shooter with cross-platform support.
A career in our company is always an interesting challenge, as well as the experience that you gain working together with world-class experts.
Are you up to the challenge?!