Art Production Assistant
Based in Guildford, Wargaming UK is looking for an exceptionally dedicated and well organised Art Production Assistant to assist in the creation of the next big free-to-play title from Wargaming, the company that brought us World of Tanks and one of the strongest free-to-play PC game companies in the world.
The candidate will have to be a hardworking self-motivated team player who is able to work closely with the Associate Art Manager, Art Leads and Art Production Director to aid with large areas of the game.
They will need to possess excellent verbal and written skills and be able to participate in both internal and external communications.
In this position you will be working within a multidisciplinary team of artists and will have the opportunity to develop your skill set by learning from your teammates whilst contributing your own knowledge and ideas.
The ideal candidate for the role would be an Art Graduate who has decided to pursue a career in Production or Project Management, with a knowledge and understanding of art pipelines and procedures to assist with planning.
The Art Producer will report to the Associate Art manager
What will you do?
- Assist in maintaining art team pipelines and schedules
- Attend daily art team stand-ups and follow up on issues and blockers
- Prepare reports of planned progress milestones
- Highlight risks and potential problems to the Associate Art Manager
- Facilitating the transfer of assets and information both internally and externally
- Helping to identify project requirements and dependencies within disciplines
What are we looking for?
- A good understanding of Art or Animation
- Enthusiasm to learn and work alongside a team
- Very strong organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
What additional skills and experience will help you out?
- A University qualification in Game Art or Design related course
- Familiarity with any of the following software would be beneficial but not required: Hansoft, Excel, Jira, Maya, 3ds Max, Unreal Engine, Perforce
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.