Senior Publishing Solutions Engineer
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 360 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
We’re looking for talented individuals interested in supporting and helping our studios launch hit games to millions of people worldwide. You will be responsible for the day-to-day support of the games testing phase for our partner studios. You will also ensure the continuous improvement of our internal games testing platform and processes from a user experience and technical standpoint. Lastly, you will participate in team expansion and growth (recruitment, etc).
You will enable hundreds of talented game studios worldwide to deliver hit games played by millions of people. You’ll be at the heart of the action, helping to build and maintain the tools that ensure the game testing process runs smoothly for all our partner studios. If you’re not afraid to face challenging problems every day and to be at the center of all the game testing action, then this is the job for you!
- Provide daily Tech support to our partner studios (answer studio questions, create knowledge base content, troubleshoot ongoing issues)
- Work daily with key stakeholders of the gaming and tech industry (Apple, Google, Facebook, Snapchat, …)
- Improve the games testing platform for partner studios (anticipate future needs, automate processes, ensure API endpoints and other SDK related requirements are maintained, collaborate with tool developers)
- Maintain and improve Unity SDKs.
- Create, curate, and organize the Tech knowledge base articles and Tech support FAQs
What do we expect?
- A natural ability and desire to act as a support and enable customers to succeed
- Software/Tech engineering background, ie. 3 years experience minimum
- Mid-level expertise in Unity/C#
- Strong proficiency at troubleshooting Tech but also business-related issues
- A critical thinker and a problem solver with a keen eye for identifying problems in workflows and processes (and driving them to a resolution)
- An eagerness to develop new skills and explore new problem spaces on a daily basis (game development, marketing, legal, business)
- Fluent English
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in a Tech Customer Support, Solutions Engineer, or Partner Engineer role
- Experience in designing user-intuitive interfaces and flows (CRM implementation, ticketing system funnels, etc)
- Experience in API automation, and/or web development
- Experience in native mobile languages (objective C, swift, java)
- Previous experience and exposure to the game production process (as part of a game dev studio or otherwise)