Senior Data Scientist
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 360 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
- Design and apply experimentation frameworks used by data analysts and product managers
- Work closely with product teams to understand their optimization needs and operational constraints
- Help automate experiment analysis and improve how decisions across product and creative teams are made
What do we expect?
- Master’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or related discipline3 or more years relevant industry experience
- Experience with statistical hypothesis testing (power analysis, z-tests, sequential testing, chi-square tests, bootstrap)
- Strong foundation in causal inference methodology and identification, including topics like confounding, selection bias, and matching estimators
- Experience creating insights with large datasets
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R/Python and libraries for applied statistics
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Strong understanding of data under many angles: how it can be applied, but also how it can be modeled and collected
- Ability to understand business needs and design long-lasting technical solutions to address them
What is your team about?
Based on our principles and values, you will have the chance to work with a variety of experts: product managers, monetization managers, data analysts...and still more! We harness data and creativity through innovation on the Voodoo gaming portfolio. We gain a better understanding of our player base in order to keep on offering the best entertainment value out there! We bring new ideas to life and develop existing concepts to enrich our already diversified gaming portfolio. We make our games even more fun, engaging, long-lasting and entertaining! Pair that with top-of-the-line A/B testing capabilities and you've got yourself a great environment for learning and developing Casual and Hyper Casual games.
Join us and be part of a small, international and passionate team based in Paris.
What do we offer for this role?
Competitive compensation package ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days ⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
We are offering all members of staff a flexible vacation policy, allowing them to take as many paid days off as they wish as long as the work is done and objectives are achieved.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interviews that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Lastly, a test / case study will feature at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!