Senior 3D Game Artist (Casual Games)
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual, casual mobile App for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative, and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious, and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously, and delivering with the best execution.
Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a center for fulfillment and excellence.
Daily life at Voodoo is characterized by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects.
What will be your main challenges?
- Design, model, integrate and animate 3D characters, environments, and other 3D assets.
- When required, contribute as a generalist to all art aspects of the game (concept art, mockups, game interface, optimization, VFX, etc...).
- Contribute to the overall design of the game by bringing new ideas and features.
- Create beautiful and intuitive mobile games.
- Deconstruct and analyse mobile games mechanics.
- Develop your mobile casual market knowledge.
What do we expect?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant position.
- Strong affinities for casual sleek and modern art-styles.
- Great fundamental art skills and knowledge of graphic design principles.
- Mastery of Unity art integration pipeline with mobile layout and performance/optimization constraints in mind.
- Experience with one relevant 3D software (Max, Maya, Blender).
- Experience with 3D character design, animations and rigging. Experience with shaders is a plus.
- Proficiency with 2D tools such as Photoshop and the Creative Suite.
- Understanding of the free-to-play gaming market and KPIs, with a data-driven approach when it comes to decision-making.
- Deep collaboration mindset, including excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a positive mindset towards receiving, acting on, and giving feedback.
- Accountability, independance, and responsibility when given ownership over your work.
- An eagerness to learn new ways to perform your tasks in a more efficient way, and to improve yourself days after days.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let's discuss the possibilities!