Lead Software Engineer - Game Optimization Platform (M/F)
Voodoo is a tech company focused on creating mobile apps for a wide audience.
Our goal is to entertain the world with snackable content and gaming apps!
Leader in the mobile gaming market, we are the n°1 company with the most monthly downloads worldwide on the App Store.
Based on our principles and values, you will have the chance to join a small, independent, and helpful team.
You will have full ownership of your role allowing you to be unique and continuously strive for excellence to deliver innovative and creative projects.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will lead the Gaming Engineering team, in charge of the Game optimization platform.
The platform is used internally (by our live-ops team and internal studios) and will be open to external use at a later stage. It is key to fast iterations and data-driven decisions.
The platform empowers product managers, allowing them to seamlessly and remotely:
- configure games (change gameplay elements and parameters, optimize meta features…)
- set up, launch and stop AB tests
- target specific segments of our audience and offer them tailored gaming experiences
Down the road, it will also fully leverage Voodoo’s custom analytics capabilities and become the one-stop shop for efficient, data-driven and long-term product management.
The platform is therefore crucial to the core business: all launched games will be managed via our internal platform to offer the best experience to millions of users worldwide.
Main technologies we use: Vuejs for the front, Nodejs, Kubernetes, DynamoDB, S3 and SQS for the back.
- Lead a team of software engineers while contributing technically to projects.
- Architect, design, and build projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to promoting a strong engineering culture, passion for quality and things well done.
- Experience with balancing a hands-on engineering role while managing teams of 5-10 engineers.
- Rock-solid foundation in Computer Science (data structures, algorithms, software design) and solid experience in Object Oriented Programming and architecture.
- Have worked in Agile environments, are passionate for shipping quality code and for automated testing.
- Great oral and written communication and presentation skills in English (French is a plus).