Game Tool Developer
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 360 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?:
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s Culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a centre for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterised by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events and more.
What will be your main challenges?
- With the development of our company on the HyperCasual, Casual, Apps, and Marketing aspects, our team intervenes with the most crucial actors of the Voodoo business.
- We are supporting game developers by bringing them our knowledge of the Unity environment and by building tools to facilitate the development and optimization of their games.
- Build tools that meet the needs of Unity Developers throughout the company
- Bring Unity expertise to help developers solve their technical problems
- Improve & standardize existing tools to increase adoption
- We facilitate and standardize packages. We allow teams to accelerate their production and improve their quality. In short, we ensure the long-term sustainability of our games and apps.
What do we expect?
- 1+ year(s) of experience on Unity in a professional environment
- Good knowledge of Unity Editor possibilities and limitations
- You have developed and/or optimized Unity tools
- You are a critical thinker and a problem solver with a keen eye for identifying problems in workflows and processes (and driving them to a resolution)
- You remain accessible to accompany developers and transmit your knowledge of Unity and its tools
- You pay attention to details: adopting a bug-proof package is much easier
- You speak and write English (able to hold a conversation and write technical documentation)
Bonus points if:
- You already have a portfolio of Unity tools you made
- You have UI/UX theoretical and practical knowledge
- You have already developed some mobile game
- You have knowledge of Casual and/or Hyper Casual games
- You have experience with versioning tools (GIT, SVN, ...)
- You know other programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Objective-C, Swift...)
What do we offer for this role?
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Free shares
- Remote days
- Lunch card
- Wellness activities
- Global Summit
We are offering all members of staff an unlimited vacation policy, allowing them to take as many paid days off as they wish as long as the work is done and objectives are achieved.
What is our recruitment process?
Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager and team members focusing on job fit. We will focus on your soft skills through values fit interviews that will determine if your values are compatible with ours. Lastly, a test / case study will feature at some point in your process.