Game Developer - Optimization
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual, casual mobile App for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative, and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and Best Workplace 2021. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about?
We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious, and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously, and delivering with the best execution.
Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a center for fulfillment and excellence.
Daily life at Voodoo is characterized by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects.
What will be your main challenges?
- Write robust Unity 3D code to be used by millions of users
- Deconstruct and analyze mobile games mechanics
- Contribute with new ideas to game features
- Work with Product Managers, Developers, and Artists to oversee the implementation of new core gameplay or meta-gameplay features
- Follow the internal process of game optimization
- Benchmark and find gameplays and features based on analysis
- Ask for feedback, act upon it, and give constructive feedback to others
- Share knowledge and help others grow their skills
What do we expect?
- At least 2 years of proven professional experience
- Highly skilled in C#; Unity
- Interested in hyper-casual games
- Creative and hacker mindset
- Good sense of gameplay experience, and special attention to details
- Familiar with optimization issues
- Fluent in English
- Some knowledge in AB testing
- Willingness to work on backend / transversal projects
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let's discuss the possibilities!