At Voicemod, we've made real-time voice changing a reality. Today, more than 20 million gamers and streamers are creating their sonic identities and turning regular gaming sessions into full-blown spectacles using our revolutionary audio tools.
On its mission to ensure that everybody can express themselves through sound, our team has grown to 100+ people from all corners of the globe. Working at Voicemod means collaborating with a distributed team of ambitious and experienced product managers, engineers, designers and marketers - many of which came from Google, LinkedIn, ESL or Delivery Hero to join us on our quest to push the boundaries of how we interact with others online.
Everyone you’ll talk to at Voicemod will tell you one thing: we genuinely and deeply care about our people and our users. We’ve created a culture and products that we’re proud of and now we’re looking for someone with passion and drive to help us shape the future.
Sounds like you?
About the role
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for building with the actual DevOps Team a secure, scalable and efficient cloud infrastructure. You’ll implement monitoring for automated system health checks. You will also maintain and improve our CI pipeline and apply best practices to achieve a continuously deployable system.
What you'll do
- Provision, configure, improve and maintain private or public cloud infrastructure to make it secure, scalable, and highly available
- Work to resolve issues and problems with server systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur
- Understand the server apps (microservices) as well as the client apps (Desktop, Mobile) to write, improve and maintain the CI/CD tools
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of the infrastructure and systems
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Develop digital infrastructure and working on automated code to improve efficiency and reduce risk
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Stay on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements
- Collaborate with others mates at Voicemod to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem
What you'll need
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent area of technical study or experience
- 5 years of experience in a DevOps/SRE position or Sysadmin with strong focus on automation
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Platforms and services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) as well as private cloud platforms (Proxmox, Ceph, etc)
- Wide knowledge in managing and optimizing operating systems, cloud platform deployment and networking protocols/systems such as Consul
- Hands on experience in networking security, databases (SQL, MongoDB) and cloud systems
- Experience on monitoring infrastructure (Telegraph, Influx, Grafana) and services (Prometheus, New Relic)
- Experience managing and deploying proprietary consumer (B2C) and business (B2B) applications
- Experience in infrastructure automation (Ansible, Terraform) and managing infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with container creation and orchestration services like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
- Experience administering, scripting and deploying development CI/CD tools with Git, GitLab or Jira
- Experience with or knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum)
- Good level of communication and the ability to adapt the speech to your audience
- (Bonus) Windows and Powershell knowledge
- Flexible working hours: Adapt your job to your lifestyle
- Remote working: Decide if you want to work from home or from our office in Valencia — or both! All working equipment and peripherals will be provided by us
- Summer days: Enjoy your summer with shorter work days from mid-July to mid-September!
- Holidays: 23 paid vacation days (+ Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off) and an additional day for our local Valencian festivity “Las Fallas” which usually happens in March
- Wellbeing: Paid sick leave as well as maternity/paternity leave, and healthcare insurance for employees residing in Spain
- A competitive salary package
- COVID-19 stipend to compensate for work-from-home costs
- Free English or Spanish lessons from beginner to advanced levels
- A cool, gamer-oriented environment with like-minded people. Game nights are common around here!
Working at Voicemod means
- Putting people first
- Staying in tune
- Taking play seriously
- Following your rhythm
- Mastering our sound