At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Novato, CA studio is seeking a Technical Artist for NBA 2K! We’re looking for a passionate Rigger to deliver characters that take full advantage of next gen capabilities. Reporting to the Lead Technical Artist, you will work on all of our rigs including NBA and WNBA players, coaches, staff, crowds, NPCs, clothing, props, and even the occasional creature!
What You Will Do:
- Take ownership of a suite of character rigs, evolving and optimizing for realism in gameplay
- Assist in building and maintaining additional rigs for clothing and props
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to drive research into workflows, technologies, and tools for improved deformations, animation quality, and streamlined content creation processes
- Solve pre- and post-release issues related to rigs, animations, and performance capture
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- You have a love for taking on challenging technical assignments
- You have experience developing high-quality, high-complexity character rigs built under commercial deadlines
- You are someone who sets a shining example for positive collaborative process
- Proficient in Maya rigging including blendshape and joint based deformations, and joint-based dynamic simulation
- A strong understanding of anatomy, gesture, and silhouette in regard to motion
- Experience and interest in investigating new techniques, implementing them, and sharing your findings
- Ability to translate creative ambitions into achievable technical tasks
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Ex. Python, PyMel, PySide/PyQt, C#/C++/Maya API)
- Experience with cloth and rigid/soft body physics setup for characters including collision volumes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, please only address or respond to vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.