Full Job Description
Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you love the technology of computer graphics, games and animation? Are you looking to build experience in tools, rigging, workflows and pipeline optimizations? Are you excited to make the creative work of game development more fun than it already is? If so, let's connect—we have an opportunity that might interest you!
We are looking for a Junior Technical Artist to join our Tech Art team temporarily, working on an enormous roster of WWE Superstars, supporting characters and player creations. You will work on character rigs and simulations workflows and systems supporting original user creations.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game franchise with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates from all industries who have a passion for games. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Assist the Tech and Character Art teams in performing daily pipeline tasks: exporting, building, and testing 3D models and assets in game.
- Troubleshoot and fix technical issues
- Build expertise, and help guide development of our workflows and toolsets
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Maya, Skinning, and Modeling
- Passion for making and playing video games.
- Understanding of anatomy, kinematics and deformation
- Strong and meticulous organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions and documentations.
- Self-starter, team player, learner
- Ability to translate creative ambition and feature requests into the technical tasks required to realize them
- Video games industry experience and/or gaming familiarity
- Basic understanding of Version Control system (Perforce, github)
- Fluent in Maya
- Experience with cloth and rigid/soft body physics setup for characters