Visual Concepts, which was founded in 1988, is one of the world’s top game development studios. We have offices in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea. While we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim, we are best known for the 2K franchise of sports games, particularly NBA 2K and WWE 2K.
Most recently we have shipped NBA 2K20 to rave reviews. ”NBA 2K20 is the most visually appealing version of the series since NBA 2K14.” [Forbes.com NBA 2K20 Review]. “NBA 2K20’s stellar A/V package is rapidly approaching what can be seen on television, and that really is a remarkable accomplishment.” [IGN NBA 2K20 Review].
Come join some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry in a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We are committed to technical innovation and excellence.
What We Need
Our ideal Technical Artist has both an artistic and technical background that covers many disciplines. We need someone who has a passion for converting ideas into functional tools that will make the lives of artists better and can successfully help the engineers developing their prototypes with knowledge about artistic workflows. Our Technical Artist is a clear communicator who promotes ideas about improvements of every aspect of artist life and productivity.
What You Will Do
- Work with the graphics and engineering department to understand project requirements.
- Work with dev team to prioritize and develop procedural assets to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines
- Shape our in-house tools to fulfill the latest UX/UI requirements
- Proactively research and prototype new techniques to improve efficiency of content production
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 4+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- Experience with other 3D packages; 3DMax or Maya
- Experience with scripting language, preferably Python
- Understanding of Object Oriented programming
Bonus, If You Also
- Have experience with writing Maya plugins