Software Test Engineer
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you love to create software that works perfectly every time? Are you fascinated by testing suites and automation that produce deep insights into game code? Can you collaborate with other engineers to understand requirements and customize an automated testing approach to deliver maximum insight into both functionality and performance? If so, we would love to talk to you about joining our team!
What We Need
Our Budapest studio is looking for Software Test Engineers to work alongside our development teams by laying the foundations of automated test harnesses, running automated suites, and building reports to improve the quality, stability, and performance of our upcoming titles. You will contribute to the design and implementation of automated testing, defect and performance reporting strategy, and development best practices as we work together to make the next installment of our games the best ever.
What You Will Do
- Build and expand the automated test framework to support graphics development
- Integrate game engine functionality into the automation framework
- Develop test automation components for quality, reliability, and smoke tests
- Write unit tests to ensure high-quality executables are delivered throughout our build pipeline
- Contribute to automated reporting to track ongoing health of our development
- Work with development teams to resolve any system-level issues
- Partner with developers as needed to craft special-case testing solutions
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 3+ years working as a Software Test Engineer or equivalent
- Fluent in C++ and C#
- Strong Python skills
- Experience writing automation tools
Bonus, If You Also Have
- Experience with Groovy
- Experience developing for Microsoft and Sony game consoles
- Familiarity with metrics gathering, analysis, and data representation software
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience creating, testing, and troubleshooting automation software for games