Software Engineer, Generalist
Visual Concepts, which was founded in 1988, is one of the world’s top game development studios. We have offices in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea. While we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim, we are best known for the 2K franchise of sports games, particularly NBA 2K and WWE 2K.
Most recently we have shipped NBA 2K20 to rave reviews. ”NBA 2K20 is the most visually appealing version of the series since NBA 2K14.” [Forbes.com NBA 2K20 Review]. “NBA 2K20’s stellar A/V package is rapidly approaching what can be seen on television, and that really is a remarkable accomplishment.” [IGN NBA 2K20 Review].
Come join some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry in a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We are committed to technical innovation and excellence.
What We Need
We are seeking Software Engineers to join our ongoing and best-in-industry development efforts. Top software engineers joining Visual Concepts can achieve career defining roles in the next generation of sports gaming.
Learn and contribute to leading edge technology. Enjoy a culture dedicated to gaming and technical excellence.
What You Will Do
- Work with the graphics and engineering departments to design and create new tools based on the changing needs of the project
- Improve existing pipelines and tools to decrease iteration times for content creators
- Create and maintain build system tools using proprietary software and technology
- Create and maintain documentation of all tools and their usage
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 2+ years of experience in game development or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science
- High proficiency in C / C++
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming
- Experience with Jenkins or similar automation server solutions
- Able to diagnose and solve problems quickly and independently
- Able to learn and master complicated code systems
- Able to write clean, bug-free, well-documented and efficient code
- Team player
Bonus, If You Also Have
- Experience with Python
- Experience with C#