Senior Software Engineer, User Creation
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you love seeing what industrious players can do with a set of tools and a game simulation with open architecture? Are you inspired when player communities explode a game universe with all-new content that defies imagination? So are we! We have big plans for the next generation of user creation for one of the top sports sims in the world. If you are a senior engineer with a passion for player creativity and sharing, game modding, storytelling, and the vast universe of potential that forms when a player community has the tools to unleash their dreams, we want to talk to you!
Few people would expect that our WWE2K games are among the most creator-friendly of any franchise, with mountains of original content released every year. Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for an experienced engineer to help us architect the future of in-game and user-created content of every kind. You will be helping us serve a creator community over 50,000 members strong, delivering thousands of hours of extended gameplay to our players. We’re seeking a seasoned senior engineer who has a high bar for code quality and a passion for clean and efficient design. In this role, you will contribute to our creation tools and pipelines, working closely with modeling, UX, animation, cinematics and other teams, to help make future iterations of WWE 2K the best ever!
What You Will Do:
- Own and drive development of our in-game create modes and runtime systems
- Refactor/modernize code to empower future features and workflows
- Collaborate with content creators to improve workflows, efficiency and features
- Work in an Agile environment to provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Produce code that is clean, efficient, well-documented, and conforms to our coding standards
- 2-5 years of experience in game development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C/C++; knowledge of C# and Python
- Good knowledge of algorithms, state machines, and data structures
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Self-motivated, with excellent problem-solving skills
- Collaborative; able to work with content creators
- Experience with UI systems
- Experience working on tools and build pipelines
- Experience with in-game cutscene systems
- Familiarity with Data Driven design
- Familiarity with building in-game systems and tools
- Shipped game titles, preferably on console
- Passion for video games
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.