Senior Software Engineer, Animation (NBA)
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need
Our Foothill Ranch studio is looking for an experienced Sr. Animation Engineer to contribute to the next iteration of the award-winning NBA 2K franchise. In this role, you will be responsible for driving incremental improvements to our core animation systems. This role will work closely with gameplay and other teams to help us continually achieve our industry-leading look and feel.
What You Will Do
- Develop tools and runtime technologies to enable the highest quality animation
- Implement features related to animation that fit within performance budgets (CPU/Memory/Streaming, etc.)
- Maintain and improve the workflow of our animation authoring tools along with Tech Artists, Animators, and other developers
- Learn and implement the latest in animation technology to help solve a variety of animation challenges
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 5+ years of experience in console game development
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Fluent in C/C++
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Self-motivated with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of skeletal animation technologies, such as blending, IK, ragdoll physics, state machines, 3D math, etc.
- Ability to write clean, well-documented, and efficient code (CPU/SPU cost, memory usage, code size)
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively as part of a team
Nice To Have
- Experience working on tools and build pipelines
- Passion for video games
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.