Senior Character Artist
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Seoul, and Austin are committed to artistry, technical innovation, and design innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Austin studio is looking for a senior level 3D Character Artist to contribute to the next iteration of the legendary NBA 2K franchise.
What You Will Do:
- Mentorship and management of a small group of artists
- Work closely with other artists and team members to create the most astonishingly lifelike basketball players ever seen in a video game
- Build a variety of costumes, accessories, and hairstyles that enable players to customize and create their own one-of-a-kind celebrity NBA player
- Sculpt, model, UV, texture, and create materials for AAA quality, photo-realistic characters and clothing
- Surface and author materials in a PBR workflow
- Work closely with Art leadership to achieve amazing standards
- Learn from and grow with some of the top talent in the industry
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- At least 5+ years of experience in a senior artist role
- Small team management experience
- Skilled in every aspect of character creation, using Zbrush and Maya/Max
- Strong technical skills with experience in real-time character pipelines and efficient management of UVs and texture memory
- Thorough understanding of rigging and articulation, including how topology influences deformation
- Self-aware, life learner, always keeping up with the latest technology, workflow tips and tools
- Can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline, and equally work with minimal instruction if needed
- Strong knowledge of anatomy
Nice to Have:
- Rigging and animation knowledge/skills
- Python/Mel Scripting
- A love for basketball
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio or demo reel of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.