Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world's top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Do you prize efficiency, productivity, and the satisfaction that comes from helping a team do their best work? Do you love game systems that allow players to interact with and shape narrative—things like dialog systems, camera and blocking, lip synch and gesture systems, player attributes and unlocks, and branching story? Have experience with motion capture, script supervision, writing, scheduling, organization, planning and scope management? If you check a few of these boxes, and have a passion for narrative in games, we'd love to talk to you about our new Narrative Producer role.
The WWE2K Narrative Producer will be based in either our Agoura Hills or Novato office. In the role, you'll work with teams responsible for our MyCareer and Showcase game modes—story-driven experiences that allow players to relive great moments in WWE history, or make their own, with a Superstar that they create. You'll help organize, focus, track and prioritize a host of efforts, from motion capture to dialog recording to narrative scripting. You'll help define and drive the overall aesthetic, incorporating camera and lighting style, blocking, transitions and composition. Finally, you'll manage scope, balancing your team's capacity to deliver great work with cross-team schedule and launch goals.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves game-makers, regardless of platform or development, tool, or backend focus. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don't meet 100% of the requirements.
What You Will Do:
- Work with a team of artists, engineers and designers to prioritize, plan and deliver highly polished narrative experiences set against the backdrop of the WWE brand and Superstars
- Decompose long term efforts into incremental steps; manage scope; plan and communicate road maps, risks, deadlines and goals
- Coordinate with central teams to plan and execution motion capture, from stage setup to data delivery
- Instrument your production through Jira or other project tracking system; create transparency for stakeholders, and clarity for your team
- Arrange and document testing and feedback sessions; work with your team to iterate and constantly improve
- Manage dependencies with other teams to insure story requirements for gameplay, graphics, concept, character and environment modeling, testing, tools and workflows are all aware of your needs
Who We Think will be a Great Fit:
- Four or more years' game production experience
- One or more shipped games with significant scope of ownership (large feature or mode)
- Outstanding project management capabilities, documentation, tracking and transparency
- Expert written and verbal communication skills; organization, collaboration, calm under pressure
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Ability to synthesize and document a vision; high quality standards
- Familiarity with development tooling: Perforce, Jira, etc.
- Previous experience producing narrative, motion capture, and scripting
- Project management training in Scrum or other agile framework
- Expertise in Jira, project dashboards, tracking