At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you live and breathe combat design? Do you decode games into strikes, blocks, reversals, range, damage and combos the moment you pick up the controller? Do you love designing archetypes, and infusing combat with personality and spectacle? If so, we might have a job for you!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for a Gameplay Designer for the next iteration of the WWE 2K franchise. In this role, you’ll contribute in the architecture of combos and archetypes that will accurately represent the unique moveset of the WWE Superstars our game. You’ll help bring the WWE Universe to life in the match types, movesets and signature flair of every WWE Superstar. You’ll work in a creative environment with a diverse team of designers, artists and engineers, touching everything from combat to camera to the emotion and spectacle of one of the greatest shows on Earth.
What You Will Do:
- Design and balance Core Combat
- Craft authentic move-sets for WWE superstars
- Play and reference both classics and contemporaries to build on what works while driving new innovations in combat design.
- Design and tune systems to adapt Core Combat to a variety of Match Types and modes
- Immerse yourself in WWE programming to develop intuition for the mechanics of a wrestling match
- Experience with a modern 3D game engine such as Unity or Unreal
- Knowledge of animation trees, combat design and implementation
- Literacy and understanding of wrestling games, and their distinctions from traditional fighters/brawlers
- Experience working across disciplines, creating side by side with animation, art, VFX, audio and engineering to produce a great result
- A passion for the WWE Universe
- 2+ years of experience designing gameplay
- Experience conceiving and differentiating characters, developing signature moves, and balancing asymmetrical fighter types in a combat-focused game
- Experience scripting combat in LUA or similar framework
- Programming/technical experience
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.