Environment Artist (NBA)
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Foothill Ranch, CA studio is seeking an Environment Artist to join our development efforts on the next iteration of the award-winning NBA 2K franchise! Within this role, you will partner with artists and stakeholders to create beautiful yet performant environments and arenas through modeling, texturing, and set dressing.
What You Will Do:
- Work with the art lead, art producer, and the environment team at large to create and populate environmental play spaces pieces and in-game cinematics
- Bring white-boxed spaces to life with visual storytelling, without detracting from gameplay
- Adhere to visual tenants of an established visual design, but push the boundaries of what is possible or expected
- Ensure assets are fully optimized and performant while minimizing impact on artistic integrity
- Proactively seek feedback to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met
- Collaborate with other artists and departments throughout the production process
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience as an Environment Artist within the video games industry
- Proficient in the creation of high-quality game-ready assets using Maya, Zbrush,
- Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Experience working on current-gen console or PC games
- Experience working in-engine to achieve desired look
- Skill at balancing art quality and performance within the game engine
- An eye for attractive environments and texture creation
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural design, environment lighting, dense mesh modeling, and normal map creation
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.