At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you an artist who thinks like a world builder, infusing every scene and location with authentic detail, storytelling, and opportunities to explore? Are you part architect and part artist, building for interesting reveals and discoveries, and thinking not just about making art, but the experience of being inside it? Do you enjoy exploring new techniques, problem solving, collaborating with others, and thinking outside the box? If so, we might have the perfect job for you!
Our Budapest studio is seeking an experienced 3D Environment Artist to join our team. This position will work closely with other artists, animators, designers, and engineers to model visually striking arenas and environments for the WWE 2K franchise. You will model, texture, create collision, and set up destruction. We are constantly challenging ourselves to push boundaries and looking for someone who is equally passionate about making high quality games!
What You Will Do
- Work with the art director, props artists and environment team to create amazing environments which serve as extensions to the thrill and spectacle of the WWE experience
- Work across disciplines to ensure your environments conform to performance standards and functionality requirements
- Pilot new methods using photogrammetry and other advanced techniques to produce the best-looking environments possible
- Create workbooks and style guides for outsource that clearly state the vision for assets; review deliverables, providing concise feedback if needed, and implementing the final product
- Ensure that assets are optimized for target platforms while retaining artistic integrity
- Provide estimates, manage time, and hit deadlines to stay on track with set schedules and tasks
- 4+ years of experience with console games as an Environment Artist or similar role
- Proficient in the creation of high-quality assets using Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Experience creating physically based materials
- Strong technical skills with the ability to troubleshoot and work efficiently within a game pipeline
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to maintain high quality assets with consistency without continuous supervision
- Familiarity with asset tracking tools like Perforce, JIRA, and Shotgun
- Experience with creating collision for physics assets
- Experience rigging and skinning assets in Maya
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback to outsourcers
- Passion for video game development