Character Modeler, Cloth
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Are you an experienced Character Artist who wants to contribute to one of the most beloved franchises in video game history? We’re constantly pushing ourselves to try new things, and looking for someone who is up for that challenge!
The Visual Concepts character team is a small group of accomplished artists tackling a variety of tasks. We create all of the players, coaches, mascots, clothes and shoes for NBA 2K. In addition to the on-court game assets, we also create the story mode assets, and generate specialty items for the online store.
What You Will Do:
- Create photorealistic real-time game models including UVs and textures
- Assist with art asset integration into game engine
- Collaborate with the art team to improve workflows
- Work closely with the Tech Art team, and other dependent departments, throughout the character production process
- Execute on feedback from art directors to refine your work
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years working in modeling for films or games
- Have a portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency of character modeling
- Experience with a modern 3D software package (Maya, 3DStudioMax, etc)
- Ability to produce photorealistic models and textures
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Experience using Zbrush or Mudbox
- Thorough understanding of character art pipelines with a strong interest in furthering next gen techniques
- Ability to work and multitask under AAA-gaming timelines
- You have a deep love of learning and sharing knowledge with others
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, please only address or respond to vcentertainment and 2K accounts.