At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We NeedCan you hold your own in any conversation about development operations, build locks, merges, feature flags and release management? Stop in your tracks when you overhear the words “cross-team initiative” or “stability drive”? Are you on a never-ending quest for operational excellence? Enjoy helping teams along the same journey? Do you mind the details, catch things that fall through the cracks, follow through on commitments, create transparency, and build lasting relationships? If you always have something to say when it comes to improving team impact with lightweight structure, process and transparency, we should talk!
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for Development Director to help measure and improve production practices, and to drive team-wide process and technical initiatives. You’ll own tracking and reporting of our production progress. You’ll implement systems to measure and predict development velocity, empowering teams with information they need to make production investments and tradeoffs. You’ll build relationships with our partners and co-developers, tracking and following through on commitments in both directions. A born closer, you’ll work with teams to improve our build process, release management, embedded test teams, platform compliance, hardware infrastructure and version control. Across the team, you’ll help make the lives of all our developers better by improving our processes while maintaining an informal, collaborative and inventive culture.
WWE2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates who consider themselves game-makers, regardless of platform or development, tool, or backend focus. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
What You Will Do
- Groom production practices and dev tooling (Jira, Shotgun) to maintain a snapshot of project scope, goals and progress toward committed features
- Generate progress reports and burn downs; ensure a shared truth about production status
- Identify project risks, and develop strategies to mitigate them
- Ensure production methodology is applied consistently team-wide
- Troubleshoot, identify, and quickly resolve production issues and/or inefficiencies
- Develop practices to improve build processes and release management
- Coordinate strategy to concentrate testing resources to inform project initiatives
- Recommend programs to improve hardware infrastructure, version control, and automated systems to reach new standards of development efficiency
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- Five or more years of game production experience
- Two or more shipped games with significant scope of ownership
- Outstanding project management capabilities, documentation, tracking and transparency
- Experience with test, continuous build and release, version control strategies, dev ops
- Attention to detail and completeness, ability to see around corners, anticipate issues
- Organized, excellent communication skills, passion for games, collaborative demeanor
- Deep experience with JIRA
- Project management certifications
- External vendor management
- Data visualization