3D Artist, Generalist
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We are looking for a talented 3D Artist to join our team and bring expertise, motivation, and a mature skill set. He/she defines, develops and maintains high-end-run game assets, works closely with the graphics department, contributes to creation of texturing, modeling, lighting, participates in the creation of next generation experimental features, and is mainly responsible for perfect quality of visually compelling environments and elements.
What You Will Do:
- Precise creation of the best possible models, textures, and additional assets
- Adaptation to the concept and style of the project
- Maintaining the finished models throughout the life-span of the project
- Work with development team to prioritize and develop procedural assets to streamline art processes, workflows, and pipelines
- Proactively research and prototype new techniques to improve efficiency of content production
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in game industry or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience with Maya
- 1+ years of experience with Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Ability to set up atmosphere in scenes (environmental effects, lighting)
- Experience with character rigging and animation
- Ability to work with space, dimensions and composition
- High school or university degree at Graphic Arts
- Knowledge of drawing or painting in a classic technique
- Minimum one released project
- Has an online portfolio demonstrating strong artistic abilities
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
Bonus, If You Also Have:
- Aptitude for 2D design (UI, logos, icons)
- Worked on shader creation
- Experience with Mel/Python scripting
- Lead a team of artists or were the expert of a specific area
- Familiarity with Perforce
- A passion for video games
Only Candidates with an online Portfolio or REEL will be considered. This position is based in Budapest. Please be legally able to work in Hungary.
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.